Frequently Asked Questions
Why is high quality early childhood education important?
What programs are included in WBR Early Learning?
WBR Early Learning includes the following programs: 1) ABC, 2) Kidsville, 3) Poplar Grove, 4) Rocking Horse, 5) The Academy of Early Learning, 6) WBR Head Start, and 7) WBR Pre K. Click here to learn more about WBR Early Learning programs.
Where can I find information about WBR Early Learning program choices?
How can I find a program in my neighborhood?
Can I apply to programs outside of my attendance zone?
How can I determine program eligibility?
What type of device should be used to complete the online application?
How do I apply?
If I am enrolled in a WBR early learning program, do I need to re-apply online?
What documents do I need to apply online?
- Child’s Louisiana Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Child’s Immunization Records
- Income Documentation (all that apply) – Last 2 Paycheck Stubs, Letter from Employer, SNAP/FOOD Staement Statement, SSI, Foster Care, W-2, or 1099, etc.
- Services and/or Financial Assistance (all that apply) – Armed Forces, CCAP, FITAP, KCSP, School Free/Reduced Lunch, SNAP, SSI, Workers’ Comp
How is program placement determined for children?
When will I know if my child has been accepted?
Will transportation be provided?
Is there an age requirement for Head Start and Pre K?
- Head Start: children must be 3 years old or 4 years old on or before September 30th
- Pre K: children must be 4 years old on or before September 30th
What is a developmental milestone?