EarlySteps supports families with infants and toddlers aged birth to three years (36 months) who have a medical condition likely to result in a developmental delay, or who have developmental delays. These supports are designed to improve the family’s capacity to enhance their child’s development and improve developmental outcomes for children. To meet family needs, support is provided in the child’s natural environment, such as the child’s home, child care or any other community setting typical for very young children. Some services are available to families at no cost and some families may have to pay for some services based on their ability to pay.
- The child must be between birth and three years of age.
- The child must live in Louisiana.
- The child must have a diagnosed disability or medical condition that has a high probability of resulting in a developmental delay or; the child is experiencing developmental delay in two or more of the following areas: physical, cognitive, social-emotional, adaptive, communication development.
Types of Services Provided by EarlySteps:
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Special Instruction
- Assistive Technology
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Vision Services
- Social Work Services
- Psychological Services
- Nutrition Services
- Support Coordination
- Interpreter Services
- Medical Evaluation, Health, and Nursing Services
Hours of Operation: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Days of Operation: Monday – Friday
Referrals: Anyone may refer a child to EarlySteps
Phone Number: (225) 925-2426 or (225) 925-7090